Thursday, February 9, 2012

Game Documentation

So this is my first blog on my new game, Dystopian Dawn. What is Dystopian Dawn about? It's a post-apocalyptic RPG set about 10 years or so from present day. Most of the human race has been destroyed, and no it's not by nuclear weapons but I'm not going to say by what yet. Dystopian Dawn (that may not be the final name) is in 2D and party based tactical combat, yes we're talking old school here.

So to begin with I have virtually the entire game documented, in google spreadsheets. All of the PC traits, levels, missions, etc are all written up. What's left, and I admit it's a significant portion, is to write up two factions I have in mind for the overall plot, and game will have multiple endings.

Today I spent a lot of time tweaking the level editor. I already had a working level editor from a while ago but it needed a lot of polish. I still have some bugs to hunt down and some features to add but it's a little more robust not. Once I get the editor completed I'll feel like I have a more stable foundation to build the game.

Once the editor is completed, working and tested, I will go to work on the actual game. Where to being? I have about a 300 point to do list on all of the in game screens, that might be a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment