Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm a newb indie dev and proud of it

I'm not in the habit of blogging, I keep thinking nobody is really interested in what I'm doing. On the other hand, I think I do have some interesting things to write about and it's my dream to publish this game eventually so why not. Maybe some day when I become rich and famous I'll look back at some of these and say yea I can remember those days. 

Ok so what game am I working on. Right now I'm referring to it as Apoc even though that won't be the release title. It's a game set in a, you guessed it, post apocalyptic world. The view will be isometric, yes old school, and combat will be turn based. 

You will control a group of 4 player characters in this wasteland. There will be lots of items, guns, enhancements, skills and upgrades. My aim is to have a few hundred missions in the game, hopefully I can make them interesting. I have a few ideas for the overall plot but not going into that right now. 

I'm programming in Blitzmax so that means PC and Mac. Sorry but I don't see the point of learning how to write games on a tablet so I can sell them for $1. This is an old school RPG that is meant to be played on a screen with a mouse and keyboard. 

It's also a part time effort meaning I code in my spare time at nights and weekends. I wish it could be fulltime but I have to pay the bills somehow. I've learned many things about programming and the skills needed to build a game so I'll be talking a lot about that in the next few blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment